Monday, October 12, 2009

Sunday Project




A friend of ours had a baby sometime in the last two weeks, a boy. I can't remember the date exact, Wayne has been working with the guy off and on so when his wife had the baby the guys all took up a collection and had flowers sent. OK, first of all you have to imagine a bunch of carpenters on a job site with no women around somehow figuring this out. What the thought process must have been on this, well it's just funny! So I don't know what possesses me sometimes but I said "Oh, I should make a pumpkin hat" Figuring if I do great, if not, well she got flowers right? So the other day Wayne says to me, "I told John you were making a pumpkin hat for the baby, where is it"? OMG! I guess I really did say that out loud. I don't knit much anymore, but I found my orange and green "Lambs pride cotton" and went to work. I had forgotten how quickly a little baby had knits up and how much I miss knitting. I worked on thought out the day Sunday and finished before Wayne and the boys returned home from Fleet Week celebration in SF.

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Leave it to your husband! At least he forced you to get going on a project! Looks great.