Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cooking Inspiration

Yesterday while I was surfing new food blogs, a current obsession of mine, I ran across this blog http://food-forthought.blogspot.com/. Scrolling down the site I discovered he/she had posted a recipe for Cannellini beans and kale. Seeing that I had all the ingredients on hand and It sounded wonderful, I went to work.
I used:
1 can of Cannellini beans (Trader Joe's brand)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
Red Pepper flakes to taste
Diced pancetta
One whole bunch of purple kale, washed and roughly chopped
Sm lemon wedge maybe a teaspoon
Extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
Saute the onion, garlic, pancetta and red pepper flakes in a pan w/ olive oil. Add kale and a little water. Cover and cook until leaves are tender at this point I also added a little squirt of fresh lemon.
After the kale is cooked , add the cannellini beans and salt and pepper. Cook until heated through then mash the beans. Plate the dish and drizzle with more olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Serve with sourdough bread. This is how it looked.




The beauty of this recipe is that you can alter it in so many ways. I thought about adding some chopped tomatoes or even a small diced potato. Jazz it up how ever you like!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.Great photos. I will make it next week. Thanks, Jill!

Jill said...

Thank you Anonymous,It's nice to be appreciated! I hope you enjoy the dish!

Anonymous said...

Just made it for lunch. Wonderful. Thanks!