Monday, March 30, 2009

It finally happened

I got the flu. I had been feeling a bit tired on Thursday night so I decided to take a shower before American Idol came on. I sat down with Evan to watch and I couldn't make it through the show. My arms were aching as was my neck and joints. I went to bed and woke up Saturday I don't even remember Friday. I missed our friend Travis' funeral service on Saturday but couldn't imagine sitting through a 2 hour mass when I couldn't even sit up. Wayne went for us and said it was nice to see all of his (Travis') friends there for him. So now I'm anxiously watching the rest of the family hoping they don't also come down with it. I was thinking that this year was a late season for the flu than I remembered last year the boys both had it over spring break and I almost canceled our trip to Disneyland. We ended up going anyway and made the most of it. Working in a orthodontic office is kind of like working at a school the kids come in sick all the time. I like the old preschool rule, 24 hours fever free before returning. I want to thank Mike and Lynn for the movies. Yesterday I watched Transformers, Big Fish, Legends of the fall and Mr. Destiny. Wayne was the best caretaker ever! Keeping the boys busy while I slept and rested. I'm going to attempt to function today, mainly grocery shopping. Evan is on an all day fieldtrip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. He loves that place! Their going by coach so I decided not to go. Which is a good thing considering the headache I still have.

1 comment:

Moriah Bettencourt said...

I even got my damn shot this year & here I sit tonight 1/2 dead! just sent Geoff to the store for 7Up & ice cream because those are the only 2 things I want. Ice cream for my freaking throat full of razor blades. Ugh!