Thursday, January 15, 2009

Likability


Ian has this thing about him. Not a bad thing necessarily, He's just likable. I've tried to explain to him how lucky he is to have this gift. And how much easier life will be for him simply because people like him. But in thinking about that today I've decided that it's not all good. For instance, whenever I've meet with his teachers whether it be for teacher conferences or with a specific problem they always start by telling me how wonderful he is and how much he participates and contributes to the class and my concerns are "poopooed" as I'm told not worry he's doing fine. So last night after the science fair at his school I approached his science teacher to basically apologize for Ian's disastrous project and thank her for her efforts ( I didn't want her to feel like all of her effort was in vain). She went on to tell me with a huge smile on her face, starting with an "ahhhhh" "Ian has a beautiful spirit, he contributes so much to the class, I really like him". So I makes me wonder? Did she even look at his project?

3 comments:

Moriah Bettencourt said...

Hey, being likable is a good quality and hey... if it can get him a break on a science project (my least favorite subject) then that is just an added bonus!

Lisa Damrosch said...

I'm with Moriah...and for what it is worth, I just said the other day how nice both of your boys are. I also really appreciate Ian for showing it is possible to be likable while in middle school...he gives us something to strive for!!

Anonymous said...

can u still read my blog???