Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day




Or should I say weekend? We did have the usual running around on Saturday, Evan had his Kuk Sool Won competition and won! Yeah, Evan :) Ian had a work day for this weekend's Redneck Rodeo at Long Branch Farms. Everything was wrapped up by 1:00pm so we headed over the hill to have lunch and do some shopping for our Mother's Day lunch we hosted at our house. We first went to an Asian buffet that Wayne had been to a couple of times for lunch (it's across the street from where he's working) He said the sushi was fresh and it was, but everything else was mediocre at best. Of course it didn't stop me from eating it all! The boys LOVED it. I think it reminded them of the cruise where they could eat whatever they wanted and they did. Note to self, buffets are a good place to take hungry teenagers, LOL. When we got home Wayne took the boys dirt bike riding for a couple of hours and I rented the movie "The Wrestler" for Wayne and I to watch and "Hotel for Dogs" for the boys. It worked out well that the Boys ended up taking their movie across the street to their friends who wanted to see it with them and we were able to watch our movie earlier in the evening and hench avoided falling asleep during it! LOL I actually don't think I would have fallen asleep, it was an awesome movie, very touching.
On Sunday, we had the pleasure of Wayne's mom Diane for lunch along with my family, the weather was beautiful and we were able to sit outside for a while and enjoy the day and had a great lunch of Tilapia (thank you Giada for the great recipe), asparagus, salad and fresh strawberry shortcake for dessert.. Diane spent the night so today She and I are going to have some breakfast and tour the new Oceano Hotel and mall that Wayne worked on all of last year. She hasn't seen it finish yet. I was a wonderful weekend.

No comments: