Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial weekend?




I had no idea this was the long weekend until people started taking about what they were going to do etc. Isn't it usually the last weekend in May? Anyway, previous to finding out about the long weekend we made commitments, Ian and Evan are dog sitting for two different neighbors that were smart enough to make plans. And both of the boys are going to be in a Portuguese Holy Spirit festival in Pescadero called Chamarita. Evan did it last year after he was invited by a friend to hold a pole that encompasses the queen in the parade or in that case it was the little queen. So this year they needed help again and we said sure. So that falls on Sunday right in the middle of the weekend. You'd think the way I'm carrying on about it that we would have done something else when in reality I hate to do things on the long weekends because of the crowds and drunks on the road. But I would have considered going to my mother in laws in Sonora where I'm sure the sun is out and the temperature is over 50 degrees! So feeling a bit bad about hanging around all weekend, Wayne took the boys dirt bike riding in Hollister today. Some of our other friends were already there so I'm sure they're having fun. I stayed back to take care of the dogs the boys are watching. I also took advantage of the free time and rented a couple of movies I didn't think anyone else would want to see, The secret life of bees and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, both were good but during Ben Button I got up and made some tea, did some laundry and came back without feeling like I missed any thing. It was too long, but I kept watching because I was curious how it would end. Hench the curious in the title I guess. I liked the Secret life of bees too although I thought the book was better.
And......there are just 13 days left of this school year. The last week of school is usually a total waste of time, especially for Ian this year. They go by bus to the High school twice during the week to practice the promotion ceremony that will be held there in the evening on Wednesday June 10th, Then they go to Marriott's Great America on Thursday and that's it for middle school for Ian. Evan has his promotion ceremony in the Morning on June 11th. His big 5th grade trip is to Raging Waters and that will be on June 4th. It's hard to believe the school year is over. They both go to 4-H camp for a week starting the Sunday after school get out, then we go to the KOA in Santa Cruz for Father's day weekend with our friends again. Fun times are coming!

No comments: