Thursday, October 2, 2008

LPGA in HMB


What? That's right. The LPGA's top female golfers are playing the Ocean Course at the Half Moon Bay golf links. I tried to volunteer through the sponsor Samsung. Mostly because I'm always up for something different and the perks were pretty good. Of course you had to pay $40.00 and commit to 3 days. LOL But it sounded fun and it came w/ a 5 day guess pass which my dad(pictured above) could have used. By the time I called, all of the positions were filled except one. That was to work directly with NBC news by walking all 18 holes, all 5 days with a reporter and confirm the player, strokes, the hole etc. When I heard that I asked the lady if she though it would be helpful to know anything about golf or the golfers. There was a long silence on the other end of the phone. Need less to say, I'm not volunteering at the Samsung LPGA golf tournament this week.
In other news, It's a good thing (note the sarcasm)that I filled up yesterday at $4.37 per gl. because today it was only $3.79! What up with that? I always try to get gas in the beginning or the middle of the week because it seems like by Thursday/ Friday the prices are higher. Just goes to show, you can't count on anything right now. I feel like I want to take a 2 year vacation. Or at least fast forward to November 5th. I hate all this political stuff. I'm skeptical at best about both party's and both candidates.
Pictures: May 3, 2006
Ray (my dad) and David(my Brother) playing the Ocean Course

No comments: